The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is a Federal law that was enacted in April 1986. The law requires that employer groups of 20 or more provide for temporary health, dental and/or vision coverage for employees and/or their eligible dependents after a qualifying event has occurred. A qualifying event includes termination of employment, reduction in work hours, divorce or legal separation, employee’s death, an employee’s entitlement to Medicare benefits, or a dependent’s loss of coverage due to ineligibility.
Keeping up with COBRA rules and regulations can be a full-time job. Add in the administrative tasks required to prepare, track, and mail notices, process elections, and collect payments, and administering COBRA can quickly drain important business resources. Choose us to be your administration partner and we’ll do the heavy lifting. Our COBRA solution frees business owners up to concentrate on other critical tasks.
As part of the WageWorks family, we are able to offer our clients one of the industry’s leading COBRA solutions, provided by CONEXIS, a division of WageWorks.
We simplify COBRA administration with comprehensive services:
- Reliable and compliant notices, processes, and reporting
- 24/7 access to real-time data
- Online election processing, electronic payments, and support requests
- Easy setup process and outstanding customer service throughout the plan year
- COBRA alternatives program limits adverse selection and saves money
- Strictly enforced, expert administration helps ensure compliance
- The industry’s most powerful web-based system is also flexible enough to accommodate special needs and requirements.